2 tablespoons olive oil
½ sweet onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1 small apple, cored + cubed (about 1 heaping cup)
1 small pear, cored + cubed (about 1 heaping cup)
1-15 ounce can light coconut milk
1-15 ounce can pumpkin purée
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup water
2 teaspoons ELECTRIC mushroom powder
¼ cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- In a medium soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. When hot add onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, apples and pears.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes until onions and apples begin to lightly brown.
- Add coconut milk and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until apples and pears are tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, mushroom powder and water. Stir with a whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat until soup is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds.
Nutrition facts per serving (1 cup): 22g carbs, 3g protein, 17g fat, 400mg sodium
NOTES: This recipe was tested with Fuji apples. If you do not have a hand blender, puree in a food processor. Do not use a plastic blender such as Nutri Bullet as the Ground turmeric will stain plastic equipment and soup mixture is too hot. If using blender, allow to slightly cool first.
Get some mushrooms in your life! FreshCap Mushrooms supplements are made from nothing but 100% pure mushroom fruiting bodies. No grains, mycelium, or other added fillers. Get it here!